Part 2 of Patrick’s exciting recent livestream with author and ouija expert Karen A. Dahlman. Topics include haunted dolls, apparitions, dealing with hard times, intentions and beliefs, PLUS Karen channeled readings for viewers LIVE!
A fun conversation with Greg Newkirk and Dana Matthews, the weirdos behind Planet Weird, Week in Weird, and the Traveling Museum of the Paranormal & the Occult. Lots of talk about haunted objects and even Bigfoot!
Jason Kupzyk, co-host of The Ectoplasm Show and founder of both the Mid-Continent Paranormal Research Society (MCPRS) and Kansas City Paracon, shares details about the topics, speakers, and what to expect at this year’s conference!
Pssst… Want to leave voice feedback? Use the SpeakPipe Link!
Today is February 5, 2014. It is also my 2nd Blogiversary! In honor of this day, I give you 15 candid reasons to befriend a paranormal nerd! Hopefully, some of you will be encouraged to find a new friend TODAY! Or maybe you’re sitting at home with a spirit box or set of dowsing rods in your hands. Yeah I’m talking to you! No plans this weekend? You’ll want to share this immediately!
15 Reasons to Befriend a Paranormal Nerd Today!
1. As we tend to very open-minded, we don’t think you’re crazy when you tell us about your experiences, but depending on what subgroup of the paranormal we belong to, don’t be offended when we set out on a mission to “debunk” it.
2. Think you have a ghost or spirit trying to contact you? We’re likely to have a plethora of meters and gadgets to help make that connection, and we can’t wait to show you how it all works! And if our gadgets don’t spark a conversation, we’ve always got plenty of friends who claim to be “sensitive”.
4. We can help to explain our favorite acronym lingo, such as EVP, ITC, EMF, IR, UV, OBE, ADC, DBE, ESP, PK, K2, and mG.
5. On a serious note, according to Rachel, “They are intuitive and empathic. They don’t see the world in black and white, they see many more colors! Plus, there is a sense of peace about them. Maybe it’s because they have some insight on the afterlife.” I absolutely love Rachel’s way with words.
6. Are you at a party or with a group of people who tend to be on the boring side? That awkward silence doesn’t bother us. We’re used to carrying on conversations with ghosts that typically don’t answer back, therefore we don’t easily get bored. Though we’ll likely keep the conversation going, don’t be offended if we accidentally blurt something like “If you can hear me, knock three times” or “How did you die?”
8. We’ll be the first to tell you that your no-good horrible very bad day was not your fault, because Mercury is in retrograde!
9. We’ll prove or disprove the orb photo taken at your nephew’s birthday party in no time flat! (Ahem… the ones who know what they’re talking about will tell you that even though it appears to have a face inside, or devil horns, or a personality, or like to be called “Beverly”, there are eleventy-thousand likely explanations for it, and then let you decide for yourself.)
10. We paranormal people who are also investigators are often willing to invite others to the next big investigation! And we can’t wait to share our favorite stories or our “Class A” EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomena).
12. We know how to begin the research to learn the history of your home, or genealogy research to learn about your ancestors!
13. Ever suspect your family pet of learning how to access the refrigerator while you’re sleeping? We’ve got night vision cameras. Just ask us.
15. Need to borrow a black shirt, polo, or hoodie? Take your pick. Oh sorry… here’s some tape to cover up that logo.
Through social media, I went to some of my friends and faithful readers for help on this one. I’d like to thank Rachel, Tim, Stacey, Cassie, Cathy, and Dar for their additional thoughts and contributions to this post!
Today during a class of mine a student asked me something about Bigfoot. First of all, it was a completely random moment in class. I promise I don’t teach paranormal studies. 🙂
Anyway, I explained that there were a lot of things I am open to believing in… aliens, ghosts, and other paranormal topics. Bigfoot? Not so much. Go ahead, bring up astral travel at dinner! I’ll tell you how I’ve tried it and have read quite a bit about it. Reincarnation? Channeling? Automatic Writing? Remote Viewing? Sure! I’d love to learn more about it all and believe it’s all absolutely real. But when it comes to Bigfoot, that’s a little too crazy for me. I find it hard to keep a straight face while having Bigfoot conversations. Why is that?
There are a few other topics that make my ego uncomfortable when I hear or read about them. It’s that same ego that forces me to want to roll my eyes as I tell myself “It’s okay… just get past this chapter. You don’t have to be sucked into believing every paranormal topic you read about.” 🙂
What do you think about these?
So…. What paranormal topics are a bit too far-fetched for you?
Here’s a blog on the topic of parallel universes.
Information on Time Slips
A list of links about Bigfoot/Sasquatch/Yeti
Information on the belief in elves, fairies, and leprechauns
Here is an interesting blog discussion that is PERFECT to link to this post. It is from one of my favorite new sites… Channeling Erik!