Astrologer Dena DeCastro returns to give us a forecast of what’s ahead for 2018. Is synchronicity behind the sex scandals and other developing scandals and stories around the world? And two listeners receive their own readings!
What’s in store for your summer and beyond? Dena DeCastro shares wisdom on Mars Retrograde, the Summer Solstice, the Saturn-Neptune Square, and the upcoming New and Full Moons! Also, Tim Prasil and Something Other than a Ghost. PLUS! Jason Hawes says no more Ghost Hunters on Syfy?!
Pssst… Want to leave voice feedback? Use the SpeakPipe Link!
Has Mars Retrograde affected your productivity and inspiration? It has affected this podcaster this week! We talk to Dena DeCastro about the astrological side effects. Also, Tim Prasil tells the extra special story of A Failed Ghost Hunt.
Pssst… Want to leave voice feedback? Use the SpeakPipe Link!
Astrologer Dena DeCastro clears up some of the misconceptions of astrology and talks Year Ahead Forecasts, including what’s written in the stars for all of us. Listen in as Dena delivers some powerful personal forecasts for both the host and a special listener! PLUS, information on this crazy Mercury Retrograde, the Saturn Neptune Square, and Mars Retrograde. Yes. That is apparently a thing! There’s great energy in this one, so come on into the parlor and have a listen!
Pssst… Are you looking for the SpeakPipe Link?
Today is February 5, 2014. It is also my 2nd Blogiversary! In honor of this day, I give you 15 candid reasons to befriend a paranormal nerd! Hopefully, some of you will be encouraged to find a new friend TODAY! Or maybe you’re sitting at home with a spirit box or set of dowsing rods in your hands. Yeah I’m talking to you! No plans this weekend? You’ll want to share this immediately!
15 Reasons to Befriend a Paranormal Nerd Today!
1. As we tend to very open-minded, we don’t think you’re crazy when you tell us about your experiences, but depending on what subgroup of the paranormal we belong to, don’t be offended when we set out on a mission to “debunk” it.
2. Think you have a ghost or spirit trying to contact you? We’re likely to have a plethora of meters and gadgets to help make that connection, and we can’t wait to show you how it all works! And if our gadgets don’t spark a conversation, we’ve always got plenty of friends who claim to be “sensitive”.
4. We can help to explain our favorite acronym lingo, such as EVP, ITC, EMF, IR, UV, OBE, ADC, DBE, ESP, PK, K2, and mG.
5. On a serious note, according to Rachel, “They are intuitive and empathic. They don’t see the world in black and white, they see many more colors! Plus, there is a sense of peace about them. Maybe it’s because they have some insight on the afterlife.” I absolutely love Rachel’s way with words.
6. Are you at a party or with a group of people who tend to be on the boring side? That awkward silence doesn’t bother us. We’re used to carrying on conversations with ghosts that typically don’t answer back, therefore we don’t easily get bored. Though we’ll likely keep the conversation going, don’t be offended if we accidentally blurt something like “If you can hear me, knock three times” or “How did you die?”
8. We’ll be the first to tell you that your no-good horrible very bad day was not your fault, because Mercury is in retrograde!
9. We’ll prove or disprove the orb photo taken at your nephew’s birthday party in no time flat! (Ahem… the ones who know what they’re talking about will tell you that even though it appears to have a face inside, or devil horns, or a personality, or like to be called “Beverly”, there are eleventy-thousand likely explanations for it, and then let you decide for yourself.)
10. We paranormal people who are also investigators are often willing to invite others to the next big investigation! And we can’t wait to share our favorite stories or our “Class A” EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomena).
12. We know how to begin the research to learn the history of your home, or genealogy research to learn about your ancestors!
13. Ever suspect your family pet of learning how to access the refrigerator while you’re sleeping? We’ve got night vision cameras. Just ask us.
15. Need to borrow a black shirt, polo, or hoodie? Take your pick. Oh sorry… here’s some tape to cover up that logo.
Through social media, I went to some of my friends and faithful readers for help on this one. I’d like to thank Rachel, Tim, Stacey, Cassie, Cathy, and Dar for their additional thoughts and contributions to this post!
Ohhhh boy. This post is definitely less paranormal and more for my spiritual peeps out there. It has been a rough week. Anyone else concur with me? There seems to be some kind of funky brown aura wrapped around everything this week. I haven’t had energy, I’ve been lethargic in general, and there have been several tense or uncomfortable moments with coworkers. I haven’t liked the energy that keeps being tossed at me, but I also haven’t felt at all proud of the energy residue that I’ve been giving off lately either.
I don’t regularly follow astrology, and I almost never understand it, but I tend to listen when someone gives a warning about turbulence ahead due to the moon or the ominous “retrograde” (whatever that is). I’ll always remember the week that I heard an astrologist discuss how people should expect a lot of technology and computer glitches for a certain time period, probably because of something lunar. And what happened that week? Lot’s of techie drama in my world.
Anyway, back to today. I had a frustrating drive home, a drive that included a discussion with myself on such topics as, “What’s with this week?”, “What’s my purpose, anyway?”, “Do people throw up invisible shields to protect themselves from me on days like this?”, “Am I a good person?”, “Will people have good things to say about me when I’m gone?”, and “Should I go get ice cream?”. After I got home and received a cheerful and much-needed greeting from our four-legged son, I opened up my favorite social media app on my phone. One of the first things I saw was a statement from medium Kristy Robinett.
Today you might be feeling exhausted, tired, moody and some even sick/depleted. The mood is still swinging all over the place as the moon is in Taurus. If at all possible, get takeout, light a candle, watch television or read a book and call it an early night. – Kristy Robinett
I immediately commented, saying how that explained so much about my week! There were handfuls of comments from others that were basically saying the same thing. Maybe there really is something going on?
…maybe my chakras and aura need to go into the shop. Maybe I just need meditation (or medication?). I’ve been bad and haven’t done that in a long time either. Maybe this is all just some crazy intuition that I’m too dense to understand?
Anyone else experiencing this? What do you do to find your “normal” self again? Consider this an official request for assistance from all you gurus out there.
Insightful Astrology (with Maria DeSimone)
Feel your way through life and gain authentic confidence (Creating Within)
I will go ahead and apologize now to the people who found this post after typing “zombie” into a search engine. Stay for a while though… you might find a topic you like. 🙂
You may have noticed it has been a while since I’ve blogged. I went back to school on August 1st and the kids came back this last week. It has been a shock to my 3:30am bedtime summer mode body.
Plus, I’ve had two overnight investigations in the span of one week. After the last investigation on Friday night, I was really feeling it. It might be that I’m just officially old, but I’ve been a worthless zombie blob now for two days. I don’t know when to sleep and when to be awake. It’s the “Chinese Standard Time” that I often joke about… even though I honestly have no clue what time it is in China at this moment.
It is also in the last two days that I have realized how dangerously out of shape I am. Should a 34-year-old get seriously winded going up a flight of stairs?
So I’m pretty sure I have no spirits attached to me. I’m pretty sure no one is sucking energy from me like a vampire. It’s just the combination of everything above. That and maybe… just maybe… I’ve been attacked by a zombie… (Is that how it works? I don’t even get into that stuff. It’s a HUGE fad now. Have you noticed?)
Friday night’s investigation at a private residence was so very interesting. It was a huge learning experience. As an investigator, I was by myself… but for the first time I had the pleasure of working with a medium who is also a good friend. The family was present and it was just a really neat evening.
Anyone else having an unusual amount of technology issues recently? I sure did this week. It made me think back to a few weeks ago when I listened to a podcast that was interviewing an astrologer. She was talking about a period of time when people tend to have lots of technology issues. I wondered if I was in that window. I asked a fellow blogger, Andrea Elliot at HolisticWords.com, and here was her response:
“Yes, it is happening to a lot of people, attributed to the moon cycles and the fact we have 2 full moons this month plus the meteor shower.
A great deal of magnetic and electrical forces at work at the moment which is causing angst and upset (both mechanically and mentally) but also a unyielding need for action and inspiration – which can come out as frustration.
So don’t worry you are not alone.”
Good to know! (By the way… it took me about 5 minutes to get the above quote to be that color because it wouldn’t format. Hmmm…)
“Republicans are significantly less interested in the paranormal than Democrats and Independents. The typical Republican believes in fewer than two of the paranormal subjects we asked about on our survey (ghosts, fortune-telling, Atlantis/ancient, advanced civilizations, telekinesis, psychic powers, astrology, UFOs, haunted houses, and monsters). Democrats and Independents believe in two of these subjects, on average. A similar relationship holds for paranormal experiences. Republicans are the least likely to have a paranormal experience, and self-described Independents are the most likely.” (Statistics from the Baylor Religion Survey, 2005)
Source: Bader, C., Mencken, F, & Baker, J. (2010). Paranormal America: Ghost Encounters, UFO Sightings, Bigfoot Hunts, and Other Curiosities in Religion and Culture. New York & London: New York University Press.