So honestly, I had no idea what to post or blabber on about today. In the last week I’ve been pushing hard trying to make some progress on the analysis of MOSS’s last paranormal investigation, so a lot of my focus has been in that world. So I kind of decided since my brain is there, I’ll blab about that and how I put together an analysis and report… that is, if anyone cares. 🙂
Norman and Cassie
This particular investigation was almost two months ago, so it has taken many weeks and hours of digging through, watching, listening, and comparing hours of footage and audio. We used 3 digital audio recorders, 3 camcorders, and 4 DVR cameras. I have 19 pages of data and analysis, which reads sort of like a transcript of the evening. As of right now I’ve finished my rough analysis of everything, with the exception of the 4 DVR videos. I always save those for last.
Below is a screen shot of a portion of that 19-page rough analysis. Initially, I begin with all of my audio recorders. I not only listen for EVP, but I document events as I hear them, including EMF readings, temperature readings, weird sounds, personal experiences, etc. And for all of these events, I time stamp them to the nearest minute, if at all possible. I also just recently began highlighting and color coding the time stamp for individual devices, so that I can easily refer to any file from that moment. This is probably what takes most of the time. I go through video the same way, simply adding to the same document in chronological order. You’ll notice that in one of the events that took place at 2:03am, I included text in bold and italic, explaining that I have found an explanation for that event. This often happens when I get to any of the video files and I can see exactly what is going on and compare.
A portion of the 19-page rough analysis from our last investigation.
Me. (Sometimes you just have to find a seat on the dusty floor.)
So this is where I am now. I haven’t saved any files or artifacts. I haven’t done a lot of enhancing audio. From here, I’ll save this analysis as a new file and dig deeper. Some things will disappear if they’ve been explained. I’ll summarize some of the redundant events, and figure out what events warrant becoming an “artifact” of paranormal or possible paranormal events. I number and code these artifacts and list them in this new document, which will end up being the final report for the client. I’ll add pre-investigation readings of each area (EMF, temperature, and barometric pressure), hour-by-hour weather information for that location, lunar and solar information from that date, and usually a short summary of my thoughts and findings.
Below is a small portion of the web version of a final report from a different investigation.
A portion of the web version of a final report from another investigation.
So as you can see, this is why I have no life. Soon I hope to share some of the findings and details of the investigation. But for now, if you’re still reading, thanks for stopping by for show and tell. 🙂