Were Ed and Lorraine Warren involved in the Enfield Poltergeist case that is featured in the upcoming Conjuring 2 movie? What are the facts? My conversation with Guy Lyon Playfair, the man responsible for probably everything you know about the case! You’ll also hear about his current research with twins and telepathy!
Pssst… Want to leave voice feedback? Use the SpeakPipe Link!
In this episode:
- Episode Preview :00
- Intro 2:37
- A recap of the last few episodes and the Conjuring 2 and Enfield Poltergeist rabbit hole. 3:11
- My interview with Guy Lyon Playfair 5:58
- How and when were Ed and Lorraine Warren involved in the Enfield Poltergeist case? 7:39
- Dr. Tom Ruffles, his great article, and the notes of Maurice Grosse. 8:58
- Mr. Playfair hears from Gerald Brittle, author of The Demonologist: The Extraordinary Career of Ed and Lorraine Warren 9:33
- According to Playfair, the Warrens were only at the Hodgson home once or twice, total. 10:32
- More on Gerald Brittle and the claims of demons in the house. 11:53
- Playfair spent the night at the Hodgson house around 20 times and investigated the case for 14 months total! 13:03
- The story of how Playfair met Maurice Grosse and how he got involved in the Enfield Poltergeist case. 14:42
- Is 9 pages of Enfield content from Brittle’s book enough content to produce a movie? 16:23
- The timeline of when the Warrens arrived at Enfield. According to Playfair, the activity was winding down by that point. 17:04
- Accusations from the Warrens through Brittle’s book. 19:03
- Was the BBC mini series, The Enfield Haunting, based on Playfair’s book, This House is Haunted: The True Story of the Enfield Poltergeist? 21:17
- Guiding actors Matthew MacFadyen and Timothy Small on how to portray a paranormal researcher. 23:01
- Did anything from the BBC mini series actually happen? 24:42
- The BBC left out all the really good events that DID happen! 25:48
- Skeptics in the US and the UK. 28:56
- Remembering Maurice Grosse and more inaccuracies in the BBC mini series. 31:47
- Janet Hodgson did NOT undergo shock treatment! 37:29
- Playfair on reincarnation and whether he has received communication from Maurice Grosse since his death in 2006. 38:21
- Starting out as a journalist and staying balanced during an investigation. 42:49
- The term “paranormal”. 44:17
- “I never said it was possible. I only said it was true.” – Sir William Crookes 46:14
- Playfair was never contacted by the producers of The Conjuring 2. 46:59
- Playfair’s most popular book 48:08
- More about The Conjuring 2 and whether Mr. Playfair will see it. 48:53
- His current work with twins and telepathy. 49:47
- Guy Lyon Playfair is active and enjoying life! And is there another book coming? 53:54
- More on Guy Lyon Playfair and where to find information. 1:00:57
- Tell me what you thought about this interview! I want to hear from you! 1:03:21
- Outro 1:04:25
For more on Guy Lyon Playfair
“This House is Haunted” on spr.ac.uk, the home of the Society for Psychical Research.
More on Guy Lyon Playfair at White Crow Books.
The Big Séance Podcast can be found right here, on iTunes, TuneIn Radio, and on Stitcher. Please subscribe, submit a rating, or share with a fellow paranerd! Do you have any comments or feedback? Please contact me at Patrick@BigSeance.com. Consider recording your voice feedback directly from your device on my SpeakPipe page! You can also call the show and leave feedback at (775) 583-5563 (or 7755-TELL-ME). I would love to include your voice feedback in a future show. The candles are already lit, so come on in and join the séance!