In an upcoming episode of Syfy’s 10th season of Ghost Hunters, T.A.P.S. visits a city I love and know well — St. Charles, Missouri. I’ve been waiting patiently for this special episode, and I’ll give you a heads up on the locations and stories you’re likely to see. Also, check out “Ghosts of St. Charles“, a great book by Michael Henry!
Psst… Are you looking for the SpeakPipe link?
In this episode:
- Listener Feedback from “Karen from down at the lake” :00
- Surprise! It’s a bonus episode! 1:10
- Have a question? Want to share listener feedback? Visit SpeakPipe.com/BigSeance or call the feedback line at (775) 583-5563. 1:42
- On Wednesday, September 16, Syfy’s Ghost Hunters will air an episode featuring historic Main Street in St. Charles, MO, a city I love and know well. It is the fourth episode in the highly anticipated 10th season, and is titled “Over My Dead Body”. 2:06
- In this episode of The Big Séance Podcast, I’ll highlight the locations and stories that are likely to be featured in the upcoming Ghost Hunters episode. For historical information and background of the locations, I’ll refer to Michael Henry’s book, “Ghosts of St. Charles”. Michael also has a site called StCharlesGhosts.com, where you can find information about the ghost tours that he leads in St. Charles. 3:49
- I purchased my copy of Ghosts of St. Charles from Main Street Books, a super cute bookstore that just happens to be next door to one of the locations likely to be featured on Syfy. The bookstore has its own history as well. You can find Main Street Books on Facebook, where they’re very active. Check them out! 4:53
- A REALLY brief history of St. Charles, MO. 5:32
- Elijah Lovejoy, Ebenezer Curtis, and the upstairs apartment in the Goellner Printing building. 6:20
- Dengler’s Tobacco in the “Old Farmer’s Home” 8:05
- The spirit of Mollie at the Millstream Restaurant and Bar 8:51
- The lost graveyard at the city park next to Lewis and Clark’s restaurant. 9:45
- The Mother-in-Law House and the ghost of Christina. 10:29
- Michael Henry’s official viewing party is planned for 8pm Central on September 16, at Llewelyn’s Pub on Main Street. He’ll have copies of his book, “Ghosts of St. Charles”, on hand. 12:21
- Some early thoughts on the new season of Ghost Hunters (Season 10) 13:02
- Watch “Over My Dead Body”, featuring the hauntings of historic St. Charles, Missouri, and send me your thoughts! 14:59
The Big Seance Podcast can be found right here, on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, TuneIn Radio, Stitcher, Google Play Music, and iHeart Radio. Please subscribe, submit a rating, or share with a fellow paranerd! Do you have any comments or feedback? Please contact me at Patrick@BigSeance.com. Consider recording your voice feedback directly from your device on my SpeakPipe page! You can also call the show and leave feedback at (775) 583-5563 (or 7755-TELL-ME). I would love to include your voice feedback in a future show. The candles are already lit, so come on in and join the séance!