Last night was the first of two or three séances, brought to you by yours truly with BigSéance.com and Missouri Spirit Seekers (MOSS), and friend and medium Marilyn Painter of Ahtah Sanctuary Holistic Center. In the near future I hope to have a detailed blog post, complete with video highlights. In these highlights Marilyn will give an explanation of our intentions for the evening and details about how she works.
I’m excited to share details from our first séance, but I’m afraid my readers will have to be patient for specifics due to all of the audio and video evidence I would like to go through first. But for now, I wanted to leave you with a few photos, some details about the preparation, our plans, and how we set up for the evening.
My Goals for Séance #1
- Invite and connect with several specific spirits who were pioneers in the paranormal/spirit communication field.
- Find out if these spirits have wisdom to share or advice to give that can make spirit communication more successful.
- Work together with these spirits to achieve physical phenomena.
I selected 9 spirits who were pioneers in the paranormal/spirit communication field. I hoped to have time to connect with at least 5 of them. The selected pioneers were not revealed to Marilyn or any of the other sitters until the séance began. For each invited spirit I printed out a large photo or portrait of them on a sheet of 8 1/2 X 11 paper. I also prepared at least one question for each spirit for the purpose of validation – to prove that we were indeed speaking with that spirit. Then I came up with 1-3 questions for each spirit regarding spirit communication. I printed out facts and bios and kept them with me during the séance. In case there was extra time, I also had a few general questions suggested by other researchers in the field. We did not get these extra questions.
Our sitters for the evening were myself, two other members of MOSS, and of course Marilyn, our medium. There were a total of 4 of us.
- Furniture arranged in a square with a table in the center.
- Candles (just because Marilyn and I love them!)
- Two digital audio recorders.
- The following meters were displayed on the center table along with one of the audio recorders: Tri-Field Natural Meter (measures natural or DC magnetic field, also includes an alarm to hear if there are any significant readings), Mel Meter (measures temperature and electromagnetic field), and a K-II meter (also measures the electromagnetic field, with lights for a visual).
- Wind Chimes hung from the ceiling over the center table.
- Camcorders, including one focused on the 3 meters on the center table.